Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day

Happy President's Day Monday!

I realize that I missed Valentine's Day, but honestly who wants to read a blog when they could be spending time with their special someone? Even better, who wants to write a blog when they could be spending time with their amazing significant other? The answer is not me...

Anyway, to celebrate today I thought I would share some appropriately themed images. I must apologize to my fellow Bostonians... I don't have a photograph of Washington atop his horse gracing the entrance to the Public Gardens. I know, WHAT? I'm terrible, please forgive me. I will remedy this deficiency as soon as possible, but in the mean time I have to give you what I've got.



This weekend I saw Federal Hall, where President Washington took the oath of office for the first time in our nation's history. It's a bit nerdy, I'll admit, but I also thought it was pretty awesome. And I'd never seen it before, which made it even better.

Also awesome is today's Times' Op-Art article showcasing the hair styles of our Presidents. Can you name them all?
Enjoy your holiday and I'll see you tomorrow with another wedding post!

No comments: