Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Monday, October 24, 2011

Welcome to Motel Monday!

Vacancy
If you've taken a peek at my Retro Roadside Photo shop lately I'm sure you'll have noticed that I have a habit of shooting vintage motel signs. It's taken a while, but I've gathered a rather large collection of photographs. It hit me this weekend that I should share them all, one by one, on Motel Mondays. Thus the idea was born...

It seems only fitting that I should start this series with the sign that started it all. A little more than three years ago I shot the Supai Motel sign on Route 66 in Seligman Arizona and fell in love. Better yet, as a photographer I found a subject matter that called my name. My weekend road trip destinations have become places with great neon and my maps are dotted with liquor stores, motels, abandoned lots, bowling alleys and diners. I seek out the places most people miss and relish in the hidden gems that I never expected to find. It's my own version of a treasure hunt, and the Supai Motel sign is the first jewel I laid eyes on.


Happy Monday! Here's to an excellent week.

- Stefanie

No comments: