Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Monday, February 27, 2012

Motel Monday - Another New Mexico Find

Last  fall I drove to Tucumcari, New Mexico during the Thanksgiving weekend for the longest sign chasing road trip I've yet to enjoy. You may remember my post about the Blue Swallow Motel a few months ago. Today's Motel Monday feature was the very first photographic stop on the trip.

Sitting at the far eastern end of Route 66 in Tucumcari, the Pony Soldier Motel was demolished sometime before 2010. What is left behind is a concrete slab, several rusted and gutted old cars, and this glorious sign. In searching for information about the now gone motel, all I was able to dig up is this vintage undated postcard on 66postcards.com
The sign has changed a bit since the postcard photo was snapped, but the core items remain the same. I wish they had saved the marquee, but I definitely love the "Here We Are on Route 66" addition. A close up of just that sign will be up in my Retro Roadside Photography shop soon.
Happy Monday!

- Stefanie

No comments: