Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Friday, March 16, 2012

Foodie Friday - Bring the Green

I don't ever need an excuse to wear my favorite color, but if I did, this Saturday is it. That's right... I will be wearing green every second of St. Patrick's Day. It's not my fault it brings out my eyes. 

In celebration of tomorrow's unique and color specific traditions... green beer, really?... I have two Irish themed Foodie Friday photographs for you. These signs fit together like two peas in a pod. And at this very moment I'm chuckling to myself because peas are green making my analogy even better. Now on to the good stuff.

The first St. Patty's Day beauty is the Shamrock Dinners sign from Yreka, California. Heading north on Highway 99, take the Easy Street exit, take a right and make your way back towards the freeway. The restaurant building is still standing and seems to be rather large. Shamrock Dinners shut it's doors at least 4 years ago and the property was for sale back in 2008. Like most of these closed down places, I can't find a single thing about the restaurant. Based on the sign, I'm guessing they served liquor and food, but that's really not much to go on. I do know that I trespassed to take this shot and was in great fear of being chased off the property. Thankfully my fears were unfounded and this snap was completely worth a little anxiety. A large print of this beauty is on it's way to a new home today. I hear it's going to be the centerpiece of the kitchen decor. 
Not to be left out is Tom Bergin's Steak and Chop restaurant that touts itself as the House of Irish Coffee. Tom's Bergin's Tavern was established in 1936 and has been around for 75 years. They're in the midst of remodeling and apparently are hoping to be around for 75 more to share their Irish heritage with Los Angeles. I must say it's wonderful to see their neon signs in such great shape. Once they've reopened I'll have to return to capture the neon lit at night. I think I"ll have some dinner while I'm at it. I always love a good steak.
 Happy Friday! Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day weekend wherever it may take you.

- Stefanie

No comments: