Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Monday, March 19, 2012

Motel Monday - Rollin' Like a Celebrity

St. Patrick's Day weekend is over but I'm still feeling the green and have decided to run with it. Thus, in the spirit of my favorite color, today's Motel Monday feature is the famous Beverly Hills Hotel. The Hotel was built in 1912 and the city of Beverly Hills eventually sprang up around it. The surrounding streets lined with palm trees are a beautiful place to spend a warm afternoon.

I have loved these Beverly Hills Hotel signs for as long as I can remember... meaning I loved them before I loved signs. The gorgeous typography, the color, and their presentation are striking. In the evening green neon glows from behind the elevated letters of the signs which keep the neon tubes and cathodes hidden from view. They are vintage simplicity and beautiful appeal. In short, the Beverly Hills Hotel sports the Audrey Hepburn of vintage signs. Yes, I said it. 
I just managed to reference Weezer, Audrey Hepburn and Beverly Hills in 200 words or less. I think it's going to be a good week. Happy Monday!

- Stefanie

No comments: