Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Evolution... 16 of 365

I found Arlie's by accident in Lake Isabella. Despite the early hour I think they were open as I was photographing this sign. Up all night perhaps? It seemed unlikely for such a small town but who knows.

This sign makes me ponder its evolution. I wonder if it's always been Arlie's, or if that white panel was a replacement. I wonder what it used to say in the pointed oval that now sits empty. And I wonder if it has always been brown and red. It's a bit of an odd combination, and I can't think of any other sign sporting those two primary colors.
On another note, the clouds in Lake Isabella that morning were fantastic. I'd like to take them with me every where I go. I really need to get on honing my super powers. Good night!

No comments: