Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Thursday, November 21, 2013

Seen Better Days... 32 of 365

Virgie's was one of those unexpected finds on my Route 66 trip a few Thanksgivings ago. I did enough research to know I needed to drive through the main drag in Grants, New Mexico but didn't find photos of every sign. It was part of the fun really.  
I looked up Virgie's after I returned home and discovered it used to be a bit more impressive back in it's glory day. That arrow used to be a large semicircle, not just a straight line, and there was neon. Oh the neon...

The sign geeks keep talking about a time machine. I seriously hope someone's working on one.

No comments: